Our Location - Port Renfrew Marina and RV Park
Port Renfrew is located on Vancouver Island, British Columbia, 2 hours west of Victoria on Highway 14. Located at the southern end of West Coast Trail.
Maps and driving instructions (courtesy of Jolly Rogers Fishing Adventures):
Driving from Sidney to Victoria:
- Drive south on the Pat Bay Highway #17 towards Victoria.
- Exit at McKenzie Avenue - exit says "Highway #1, Nanaimo".
- Follow McKenzie Avenue 3 km to Highway #1, turn right onto Highway #1.
- Continue with directions below.
Driving from Victoria to Port Renfrew:
- Before you leave Victoria, buy a fishing license. Now ONLY available online -- get yours BEFORE you get to Port Renfrew
- Exit Victoria on Douglas St. north, Victoria's main north-south street.
- Douglas St. becomes Highway #1 as you leave Victoria.
- Drive 5 km to Sooke exit.
- Follow "Veterans Memorial Parkway" 4 km to Highway #14 ("Westcoast Road").
- This is the only road going west, all the way to Port Renfrew.
- You will reach Sooke in approximately 25 minutes.
- Continue on to Port Renfrew, roughly 70 minutes beyond Sooke. If you're hungry along the way, stop in at Shirley Delicious Cafe for a cup of coffee and a snack.
- Drive carefully! It is a winding ocean road, often wet and foggy, and also with vehicles full of anglers and surfers sometimes driving too quickly to wherever they need to get to.
Finding Port Renfrew Marina and RV Park
You'll know you're nearing Port Renfrew when you start to see signs for accommodation and other businesses.
- Before you get to the village centre, turn right at Deering Road.
- Cross the long one-lane bridge over the San Juan River.
- At the Pachidah Road fork, keep right (stay on Deering Road).
- Cross the second one lane bridge, turn left onto Gordon River Road.
- Continue past one left turn-off.
- At second left turn-off / fork in road (1 minute), keep left and you arrive at Port Renfrew Marina.
The Fishing Grounds
Our marina is nestled in an estuary of the San Juan River, offering
quick and easy access to Port Renfrew’s high quality fishing grounds.
- 10 minutes to Port Renfrew’s famous trophy coho salmon fishing (Sept-Oct)
- 20 minutes to Logan Creek – Camper Creek’s spring salmon reef (June-Aug)
- 1 hour to Swiftsure Bank: halibut, salmon, ling cod, red snapper (April-Sep)
- 1.5 hours to Nitinat Narrows: amazing spring salmon fishing (Aug-Sep)