Last week fishing at Port Renfrew Marina has been fair to good. Most angleres are returning with one or two springs, some with limits. Not the numbers we are used to seeing this time of year though. Coho are still around in huge numbers and are the perfect size for the BBQ. Two hatchery per license is the legal limit.
Swiftsure bank has slowed from its prior epic standard. Springs and halibut are taking a little longer to catch to fill the coolers. Fog and chop from the ebb tides have not helped. Anchoring for halibut has heated up again with the slower currents. One boats first time anchor trip off Nit Nat produced fish to 60 pounds. Great start guys! Crabbing is still off the charts! Wow!! huge and so sweet!!!
- Ken Gillard 34 34 27
- Glen Clements 32
- Darryl Johnston 29
- Barry Houdayer 32
- Blair Houdayer 34 30
- Fred Uhlman 32
- Serge Pereverzoff 31
- No Banana's Charters 29 32 32 30
Improtant Dates: Don't miss the upcoming Davey Derby this year. It is being held on July 20, 21 and 22nd at Port Renfrew Marina. Word is that the prize table is even better than last year. Please support this derby as all proceeds go to wonderful needy charities and the prizes are the envy of all derby's! Tickets are available at Port Renfrew Marina and are $50.00 a rod.
Important Notice FYI: Please check out the details about the road closure on the Derring Bridge. There are many closures in the next two months.
- July 16th to the 19th 4 hours from 10 to 2 PM
- July 23 to the 27th 4 hours from 10 to 2 PM
- July 30th to Aug.2nd. 4 hours 10 to 2 PM
- Aug.7th to the 10th 4 hours 10 to 2 PM
- Aug.13th to the 17th 4 hours 10 to 2 PM
- Aug.20 to the 24th 4 hours 10 to 2 pm
Mainland has revised their delays to:
Minor delays from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Mon to Fri for the duration. No Closures.
- For information please call Mainland South Island Contracting 250 391-7310 There will be minor delays from 8 am to 5 pm.
Bud & Rex